|Date Posted||January 13, 2022|
Nurse - Trauma
Salary range $ 65,000 - $ 110,000 - DOE
10k Sign on Bonus
Must have an active RN Texas License
Must have 1.5 years of critical care nursing experience (ICU or ER or combination of both)
Must be able to work Night shift (7p - 7a)
BSN strongly preferred; if ADN, MUST be willMust have BSN or also will accept ADN if: *Minimum 2 years ADN experience in an acute care setting and *Can complete BSN within 3 years of employmenting to obtain BSN within 3 years
Must be an effective communicator & compassionate
Seeking experienced Registered Nurse for an opportunity to work for Shock Trauma ICU (STICU) unit at Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center, Level I Trauma, Magnet designated hospital located in Houston, Texas. Full-Time, Night Shift only (7p.m. - 7a.m.). Waitlist to move to dayshift.
STICU has well over 2,500 trauma admits annually and is the most intense ICU in the city. This position strongly prefers at least 2 years of critical care experience (ICU, ER or combination of both). The patient population is extremely diverse from cardiovascular to neuro; life threatening, gang related, car accidents, vented, trach, unresponsive, etc.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I <1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care. Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.