|Published||August 5, 2022|
|Location||Los Angeles, California|
|Category||Nursing - Ambulatory Care-RN|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Please get in touch for all the information relating to this fantastic opportunity!
Extremely competitive salary range!
Assists in managing a single department or multiple small departments providing ambulatory patient care services by supervising daily operations and patient care activities. Ensures staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective care and patient focused services to members across the continuum which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Implements and supervises the maintenance of clinical practice standards, budgets, and staff development. Assists in integrating services/operations with nursing standards of practice, service priorities and performance/outcome measures, as well as with business, departmental and organizational goals/objectives.
- Supervises daily operations and service delivery.
- Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, TJC, federal, state and local requirements.
- Implements and maintains patient care and quality service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Assists in providing on going staff development.
- Supervises the implementation of policies and procedures which support the goals and business objectives of the organization and department.
- Collaborates with physicians, department chief, and nursing manager in developing the appropriate level of patient services and the day-to day operations of the department.
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in ambulatory care or other relevant clinical experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years in a healthcare leadership capacity
- Completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelors degree or four (4) years experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart Association
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local state, federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Clinical specialization in area of practice preferred.
Yes, 10 % of the Time