|Date Posted||March 18, 2021|
Registered Nurse (RN)
Salary range - $70,000 - $95,000 - experience dependent
3 or more years experience in clinical area of practice
Leadership experience (i.e. charge nurse, supervisor, etc)
Experience with rehabilitation patients (Brain injury, Spinal Cord injury, amputee/limb loss, stroke, etc.)
Memorial Hermann TIRR is looking for a specialty RN with charge nurse experience. This RN will be responsible for serving as a clinical expert in the delivery and management of comprehensive patient care, utilizing research and evidence-based practice as necessary; for expertly caring for patients from multiple services/specialties, and for more complex diagnosis. TIRR Memorial Hermann treats people with a range of disabilities from complex conditions like brain injury, stroke, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma and amputation, to rehabilitation for conditions including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, post-polio syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
We have 2 positions available for the following shifts: 3p-11p and 11p-7a.
Position responsible for supporting the Nurse Manager in providing leadership to the department – overseeing the daily operations – managing and developing departmental staff, collaborating with the interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process, ensuring the delivery of quality care to patients. Position responsible for 24/7 (as appropriate) support of the department/unit. Typically reports to a Manager, Nursing or Director, Nursing.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Nursing. If Bachelor’s is not in Nursing, a Master’s degree in Nursing is required.
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing required
- Certification in Basic Life Support required
- Professional certification in clinical area or management required within one year of exam eligibility
- Three (3) or more years of experience in clinical area of practice.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assists with the deployment of departmental goals that support the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Assist leadership with managerial responsibilities.
- Carries out the day to day operational components of the unit that are delegated by the manager/director, including input on hiring/firing/interviewing, etc.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs effective coordination of care between units, nurses and providers. Assists with the development of staff schedules.
- Performs effectively in emergency situations within the unit. Assists with patient care as needed.
- Serves as a resource to staff. Acts as a mentor/coach to staff, medical personnel, patients and family members.
- Assists in guiding staff in quality improvement efforts for all shifts.
- Assures all PI or quality standards are met on a daily basis. Participates in PI projects annually.
- Identifies and provides verbal disciplinary action. Provides counseling and remediation with staff as needed. May provide written disciplinary action in collaboration with leadership.
- Works with personnel to assure staff have access to and are appropriately utilizing supplies
- Provides input to Nurse Manager/Director on budget preparation.
- Promotes intra/interdepartmental communication.
- Strong orientation to service excellence.
- Ensure clinical care is aligned with evidence-based practice.
- Leadership rounds on patients.
- Responds to customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Identifies high risk social situations and addresses appropriately.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Company Culture & Perks
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.