|Published||November 23, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Please get in touch for all the information relating to this fantastic opportunity!
Extremely competitive salary range!
Negotiable Sign on Bonus
High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Must have (or obtain within 90 days of hire) a certification as a CRCST by the IAHCSMM, or CSPDT by the (ASHCSP)
Must have at least 3 years of current experience working in a Central Processing Sterilization or Operating Room environment.
Position: CPD Supervisor
Department: Central Processing Department
Schedule: 40 hours, Nights
The Central Processing Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of the department and the supervision of staff. Supervises and coordinates the daily technical tasks of reprocessing medical and surgical equipment to ensure items are assembled in accordance with established policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring customer and patient support through infection control processes, sterility assurance, and equipment/ instrumentation availability, each in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Demonstrates leadership skills by consistently using problem solving methodology/ conflict management skills.
- Identifies conflict and initiates plan for resolution.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate channels for problem solving.
- Evaluates the effectiveness and implications of ones own decisions and take responsibility and ownership for any problems.
- Demonstrate flexibility in response to change.
- Effectively prioritizes workload; appropriately delegates and supervise; recognizes employee accomplishments and celebrates successes.
- Consistently applies standards and fosters a work environment in which employees are supported and productive.
- Promotes and supports the team approach to departmental functions.
- Interacts appropriately with identified customer groups.
- Articulates a clear vision for areas of responsibility.
Assists Department Manager
- Examines and monitors staff job performance for compliance with instructions, regulatory requirements, and established CPD policies and procedures.
- Develops, promotes and supports an environment that will motivate staff to participate in team approach.
- Assesses staff knowledge and skills relating to the decontamination, reprocessing, sterilization, correct documentation, and distribution of sterile surgical supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of processes by actively participating in daily departmental functions. Demonstrates support for the management team when assigned to various projects.
- Assists with training demonstrations, competency testing and performance evaluations.
- Documents disciplinary issues, initiates resolutions and /or recommends corrective action plans.
- Responsible for making daily work assignments for the staff.
Provides operational support to the Menino, Moakley, East Newton Operating rooms, L & D, E.R, various floors and clinics and serves as a liaison between all departments.
- Collaborates with the O.R. staff on specific service requirements.
- Communicates information regarding supplies and instrumentation.
- Monitors quality of services and recommends and initiates improvement.
- Procures the next day O.R. schedule and retrieves the Doctor’s preference cards for surgical case setup (utilizing computerized instrument inventory and Surgeon’s preference card management systems).
- Monitors the accurate and timely assembly and distribution of surgical case carts.
Demonstrates knowledge of Materials Management.
- Assists with inventories and initiates in-house or outside orders in accordance with established par levels, whenever needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of inventory control practices through stock rotation and removal of expired items from inventory.
- Participates in consolidation and standardization of supplies and equipment for the department.
- Responsible for receiving and returning loaner vendor instrumentation.
Performs all duties in accordance with departmental, organizational, and national standards.
- Oversees and assures daily quality assurance monitoring systems (i.e., biological test reading). Maintains proper documentation in accordance with the regulatory agencies and departmental protocols. Acts appropriately on results (i.e., load recall) and arranges for equipment repairs as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in all functions and tasks of the Central Processing Department.
- Perform Managerial duties during the Manager/designate absence. If necessary, provides coverage to other shifts, i.e., sick calls, vacations. It is the expectation that all job related duties are carried out and completed according to the departmental protocols, i.e., delivery and pick-up of CPD equipment in all areas of the hospital, provision of support services to all O.R., L & D, E.R., and other nursing units.
Demonstrates considerable written and verbal communication skills in English as an essential function of the job.
- Communicates effectively; verbal and written in English.
- Accepts and transmits messages effectively in English.
- Practices and promotes telephone etiquette as an essential job function.
- Ensures attendance at all department in-services.
- Ensures presenting to staff, at least one in-service per year.
- Maintains CRCST certification (through IAHCSMM or ASHCSP boards) by accumulating at least 12 CEU credits per year.
- Additional Supervisory Standards.
- Utilizes Hospital’s Values as the basis for decision making and to facilitate the division’s hospital mission.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Performs all other duties as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associate degree in science or college coursework/credits is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have (or obtain within 90 days of hire) a certification as a Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician (CRCST) by the International Association for Central Sterile Healthcare Material Management (IAHCSMM), or, as a Central Sterile Professional Department Technician (CSPDT) by the American Society of Healthcare Central Sterile Professionals (ASHCSP).
- Certifications need to be maintained by obtaining the required CEU's each year through the certifying agency.
- Certification as a Certified in Healthcare Leadership (CHL) supervisor/ manager is a plus.
- Must have at least 3 years of current experience working in a Central Processing Sterilization or Operating Room environment.
- Experience as a lead technician or supervisory experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Thorough knowledge of decontamination and sterilization techniques and procedures, infection control and work flow principles and requirements, and equipment and supply inventory protocols.
- Complete knowledge of clinical operations, hospital mission and goals and human resources policies and procedures.
- Advanced English oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task, delegate appropriately and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to provide direction and development to employees by coaching, identifying training needs, assigning progressively challenging projects, and assisting in career development planning.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a systematic, logical, and timely manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in daily routine, to work under stress yet maintain a courteous, tactful and professional manner
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to enter and access data/information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook and web browsers