|Date Posted||March 3, 2021|
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a substantive position as a Clinical Director Mental Health in one of Australia's most beautiful regions in Tasmania.
- Attractive Salary Package up to AUD$450k plus superannuation and access to salary packaging
- Fly to Melbourne in under an hour.
- Relocation and accommodation assistance
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, including conference and sabbatical leave, in additional to annual leave entitlements
- Administrative support provided
- Flexible work/life balance
- Dynamic team environment
This Clinical Director position presents an exciting opportunity to be involved in the transformation of mental health care in Tasmania.
- Provide leadership and governance to the activities of mental health services in accordance with agreed goals and targets. The Northern Region and North Western region Clinical Director is responsible for all mental health services within the region, including Adult, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), Older Persons Mental Health Services (OPMHS) inpatient and Community.
- Work collaboratively with other Heads of Department within the Hospital and multidisciplinary teams to support patient access, flow, and bed management across the Hospital and wider SMHS.
- Occupant will work as a practicing clinician (Salaried Medical Practitioners (AMA Tasmania/DHHS) Agreement) and will be allocated administrative time of up to 0.5 FTE (to be negotiated).
- Enjoy supporting and providing supervision, clinical training and opportunities to develop whole of workforce capabilities.
- Have experience in administrative and service development activities.
Applicants should be registered (or eligible for registration) as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia and be a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent as an overseas trained specialist who has completed their training in either the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA or New Zealand.
This position is based in Burnie so you could find yourself a heritage home in the city within walking distance of cafes, culture and beaches or base yourself in a country town or small coastal town. Burnie hosts a busy University of Tasmania campus, and a vibrant medical community.
Nowhere in Australia has the mild climate, unique natural environment and quality of life afforded by Tasmania where you are never more than ten minutes away from a beach, National Park or an award-winning restaurant or bar. Whether you see yourself navigating your way around one of the hundreds of islands, hiking or mountain-biking the world class trails, immersing yourself in the arts scene or taking in some independent vineyards, a sense of community and a relaxed commute await you. Air travel from Devonport to Melbourne is less than one hour. The property market has significantly lower prices than mainland Australia.