|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 17, 2020|
Salary range - $105,000 - 130,000
Experience managing and mentoring a staff of junior and senior Product Owners
Experience with EPIC
Experience with eClinicalWorks
Responsible for consulting with the CCA’s business units and the Information Technology (IT) Services Department to identify and define business needs that require technology solutions to achieve business outcomes. The product owner ensures that projects align with the technology that provides best practice and direct IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy.
The product owner (Manager) is manager of business consultants and a representative of a portfolio of business functions to IT to identify new technology opportunities to attain operational efficiencies and growth opportunities. The PO manager will lead a team portfolio of projects; build a matrix team of cross- functional experts, to deliver projects. The PO Manager will be mentoring, leading, coordinating, sequencing, and architecting technology roadmap in alignment with the business strategy.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Lead, Mentor, Train, Supervise, and Manage a team of Product Owners that have the following responsibilities
o Develop and maintain relationships with IT, business units and vendors to identify potential opportunities
(projects and programs) to improve business operations and deliver business outcomes.
o Consult with business unit’s and review IT usage, services, technology, and department specific projects.
Identify, forecast and develop IT needs.
o Establish subject matter expertise in healthcare business functions and operations to develop business
requirements, functional requirements, and test plans
o Coordinate the delivery of IT solutions using established project management methodology. Present alternate
strategies, new products, and service offerings to improve business efficiencies through technology.
o Manage development of the business case packet. Analyze and report operational and financial impacts of
vendors, products and services.
o Prepare and submit operational budget and cost estimates for proposed projects to senior management.
o Provide research and direction in utilizing an established project management methodology. Present alternative
strategies, new products and service offerings to reduce negative impacts to projects.
o Serve as liaison for the Information Technology (IT) department and all other departments and management to
identify, forecast and address IT needs.
o Establish and maintain business process documentation, compliance and security requirements, and regulatory
goals on an ongoing basis and across all programs and projects.
o IT project deliverables and milestones including;
Business and functional requirements associated with test cases, and business processes.
Cross-Functional impact analysis of projects and programs
Coordinate project delivery plan across all IT units
Maintain meeting minutes, risk and issues logs, and action items
Maintain delivery status in the required systems
Reports on usage and metrics
• Identify, define, and develop new capabilities, processes, and technologies required for the efficiency of the IT
• Develop and maintain continuous improvement techniques to improve the people, processes, and tools.
• Lead and manage a high-performance team.
• Support IT communications
• Research new ways to conduct business operations
• Research new technologies and its applicability
• Provide ideas to resolve risks and issues to IT leadership team
• Participate in learning and development – Maintain active career development plan
• Mentor, tutor, and train fellow employees, interns, or consultants
• Improve and manage performance levels of the team members
• PO manager will directly manage a team of four to eight product owners that are responsible for business facing functions.
• The product owner will manage a matrix group of individuals to deliver technology solutions successfully.
• The product owner will mentor, train, and guide interns, fresh recruits on ensuring that standards and guidelines are followed.
• The PO manager will lead a peer groups to identify and deliver solutions to IT strategies and tactics.
What We're Looking For
• Four-year college degree
• 8+ years related experience
• 5 years of management experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• 8+ years’ experience that has served in multiple roles such as business analyst, programmer, process analyst, project manager, and business consultant.
• Comprehensive knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, and administrative tools
• Extensive knowledge of portfolio management and performance monitoring practices and methodologies
• Extensive knowledge of business principles
• Extensive knowledge of IT organizational practices
• Ability to build, maintain and extend relationships across the organization
• Leadership and executive-level communication
• Ability to manage and direct activities of others in a multi-project environment
• Ability to perform business and process analysis
• Preferred tools
o Atlassian platform tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc)
o Project management and Business Process tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Bizagi, etc)
Collaboration tools (e.g. MS Teams, Slack, etc)
• Will be working at CCA primary location at Lafayette City Center (LCC) 2 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston, MA.
• Will need to occasionally travel to various locations in Massachusetts to understand new ways care is rendered at CCA
• Will need to travel to conferences on a need basis
• Partner with organizations and potentially travel overseas during execution time
Company Culture & Perks
Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference. We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
PAID TIME OFF