|Date Posted||April 5, 2021|
Salary range - $95,000 - $ 145,000 - experience dependent
Med/Surg, Ortho or Rehab acute care leadership experience
For clinical manager positions in Magnet-designated hospitals or hospitals in pursuit of Magnet designation, a minimum of a Bachelors of Nursing is required at the time of hire or promotion
Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
Three or more (3+) years experience in clinical area of practice and minimum one (1) year experience in a supervisory or management role
3 years total in supervisory or management nursing job
Good tenure/longevity in previous roles
Memorial Hermann Greater Heights Hospital is now among an elite group of facilities nationwide that has received Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®. The designation is one of the highest levels of recognition a hospital can receive and recognizes healthcare organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovation in professional nursing practice. Memorial Hermann Greater Heights joins four other Memorial Hermann acute care hospitals as one of 36 Magnet recognized facilities in Texas.
Greater Heights is a 260 bed campus.
- Clinical Manager - TIRR Rehab/Total Joint/Med-Surg
- *Magnet facility
- *Great leadership team with longevity
- *BSN required because of Magnet status
- *ACLS w/in 90 days
- *Med/Surg, Ortho or Rehab acute care leadership experience
- *60 FTEs
- *3 Units: TIRR Rehab, Total Joint, Med/Surg (35 total beds)
- *On-call one weekend/month (rotation w/other Managers)
- Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor of Nursing degree from an accredited school of professional nursing required or documented degree plan and timeframe to complete Bachelor of Nursing; For clinical manager positions in Magnet-designated hospitals or hospitals in pursuit of Magnet designation, a minimum of a Bachelors of Nursing is required at the time of hire or promotion
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Professional certification in clinical area or management preferred
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three or more (3+) years experience in clinical area of practice and minimum one (1) year experience in a supervisory or management role
- Clinical Manager II: Additional two (2) years experience (3 years total) in supervisory or management job
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Manages the daily operations of a patient care department, including forecasting and ensuring adequate staffing, taking departmental call; planning for continuity of care, serving in charge nurse role and providing direct patient care as needed.
- Collaborates with physicians, management team members, business partners, and customers to address strategic initiatives and organizational goals.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Ensures adequate scheduling and staffing; recruits, retains, and develops staff; provides performance feedback, addressing issues as necessary, and provides input into staff performance reviews in a timely effective manner.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Company Culture & Perks
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.