|at ( view profile)|
|Location||New Hampshire, New Hampshire|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2020|
COVID-19 CARE COORDINATOR – NEW HAMPSHIRE
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a full time Care Coordinator to support the CDC to provide highly specialized public health infectious disease control with identified high-risk populations through investigation, education, and development of programs and policies.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
· Reviews, modifies, and implements program policies and procedures related to transmission of COVID-19.
· Utilizes logical and scientific expertise to provide disease intervention services including case investigations, interviewing infected patients, notifying possible contacts, and providing technical assistance to providers to assure that patients with infectious diseases receive appropriate diagnostic tests, treatment, follow-up testing, counseling, and referral.
· Conducts specialized data analysis and interviews utilizing best practices of patients infected with COVID-19
· Performs telephonic and field investigations to locate infected individuals and partners who may be at risk of transmission and to locate persons with positive diagnostic tests requiring treatment and interview
· Explains the requirements of isolation during the patient’s infectious period
· Maintain training in appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in the event filed investigations are necessary
· Conducts field investigations.
· Initiates, assembles, and presents medical materials for use in the development of improved COVID-19 prevention and control objectives using guidelines put forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other relevant governmental health agencies.
· Coordinates medical and non-medical care services for patients with COVID-19.
· Escalate client records to supervisor for consideration of legal orders, for patients who verbally indicate refusal for adhere to voluntary isolation.
· Maintains rigorous security and confidentiality procedures in accordance with Bureau, Division, and Department policies
· Perform other related duties as required
· Education: Bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university with a major in health administration, public health, nursing, education, emergency preparedness, social or physical sciences or psychology. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
· Experience: Four years of professional or paraprofessional experience in health administration, public health, nursing, education, emergency preparedness, social or physical sciences or psychology, with responsibility for program implementation, direct service delivery, planning or program evaluation. Each additional year of approved work experience may be substituted for one year of required formal education.
· License/Certification: Driver’s license; for travel throughout the State if necessary.
· Special Requirements: Availability to respond to public health emergencies as they arise.
· Experience working in the field of infectious diseases
· Experience working with diverse populations
· Ability to discuss sensitive and confidential topics
· Strong interpersonal skills desired
· Trained in motivational interviewing & other interviewing techniques
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to individuals and groups
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with medical, other professional and administrative officials, governmental officials, and the public
· Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities as determined by the agency appointing authority
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
Please apply directly through the company link immediately below: