|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 21, 2020|
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a full time Infection Preventionist to support the CDC.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
· Conduct on-site (travel involved) and teleconference infection prevention and control program assessments in congregate care settings; including long-term care facilities, assisted living, memory care and other congregate facilities as directed
· Complete written report of facility assessments with facility recommendations and disseminate within 2 weeks of assessment. A mitigation tool should be provided with the findings report when necessary
· Follow-up with facilities after assessments to ensure recommendations are implemented
· Provide education to Ohio surveyors on infection prevention and control and how to best identify needs related to COVID-19 at facilities
· Educate and train team members and facility staff about appropriate precautions to prevent and control COVID-19 and other diseases
· Evaluate research and evidence-based practices and incorporate appropriate findings into routine practice
· Serve as the subject matter expert for general infection prevention and control practices
· Provide assistance with use of CDC’s NHSN data and review data quality
· Review medical records as needed to abstract data for national registry submissions
· Willingness to travel within Ohio, as needed
· Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing, public health, epidemiology, clinical laboratory science, medical technology or related field, Master’s degree or higher preferred.
• Certified in Infection Control (CIC®) by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (CBIC) preferred
• Clinical experience required.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Ohio State Board of Nursing.
• Broad knowledge of Infection Prevention in congregate care settings with previous participation in hospital-based IPC programs and/or research to reduce HAIs in targeted settings (dialysis, long-term care, outpatient, long-term acute care hospitals and acute care) preferred.
• Experience with National Healthcare Safety Network preferred (i.e., reporting, enrollment, data analysis).
• Ability to plan, implement and evaluate infection control practices, policies and procedures.
• Ability to perform on-site assessments in Ohio healthcare and congregate facilities.
• Strong technical skills including word processing, spreadsheet development and management, and database management, with an emphasis on proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience reviewing and editing documents and interviewing.
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks efficiently.
• Ability to work independently and use strong judgments based on existing knowledge.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans. The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Please apply directly through the company link below: