|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 13, 2020|
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
This is a professional services and scientific work position between the CDC Foundation and Maine’s Department of Health and Human Services providing (1) support and expertise in Maine’s surveillance systems; (2) epidemiologic/analytic expertise for informatics projects and objectives, and (3) participation in routine and outbreak infectious disease monitoring and response activities as a member of the Infectious Disease Epidemiology Team. Work is performed under administrative direction.
• Support and expertise in Maine’s surveillance systems, epidemiologic/analytic expertise for informatics projects and objectives
• Participation in routine and outbreak infectious disease monitoring and response activities as a member of the Maine CDC Infectious Disease Epidemiology Team.
• Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field and 4 years of relevant experience in Public Health
• Preferred: Master’s in Public Health degree (preferred) with relevant course work in epidemiology, informatics, microbiology, and statistics, and 2 years of relevant experience.
• Experience with coding and data analysis with SAS or R
• Ability to provide own transportation (fully-insured vehicle), provide proof of a valid driver’s license, and compliance with Maine law regarding vehicle insurance.
• Ability and willingness to travel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
Please apply directly through the company link below: