|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||July 29, 2020|
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
Counselors offer guidance to individuals, couples, families and groups who are dealing with issues that affect their mental health and well-being. Counselors would approach this work holistically, using a “wellness” model (as opposed to an “illness” one) which highlights and encourages client’s strengths.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (may perform other duties as assigned):
• Work with individuals, groups and communities to improve mental health
• Encourage clients to discuss emotions and experiences
• Examine issues including substance use disorders (SUD), homeless challenges, mental health disorders, aging, bullying, anger management, careers, depression, LGBTQ issues, Returning Citizens issues, self-image, stress and suicide prevention
• Work with families
• Help clients define goals, plan action and gain insight
• Develop therapeutic processes
• Refer clients to psychologists and other services
• Take a holistic (mind and body) approach to behavioral health care
• Licensed in Michigan as a Counselor, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
• Experience working with vulnerable populations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Please apply directly through the company link below: