|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||July 29, 2020|
TERM: 6 MONTHS
SIGN-ON BONUS: $4,000.00
LOCATION: Detroit, MI
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and raised over $740 million. The CDC Foundation managed over 300 CDC-led programs in the United States and in more than 130 countries last year.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for the role of Nurse Epidemiologist Unit Leader. This position is a part of a multidisciplinary team that will assist the Detroit Health Department with their work to identify and implement best practices and assist in the decrease of COVID-19 transmission. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
• Coordinate the activities of the unit and the unit team members to ensure compassionate, effective and efficient delivery of high-quality clinical care for patients.
• Design, coordinate and evaluate the delivery of care for individuals, families, groups and populations.
• Use available data and a series of evaluations to achieve the best patient outcomes.
• Design and implement evidence based practices.
• Collaborate with other health professional team leaders and provide team leadership.
• Use information systems and technology to improve healthcare outcomes.
• Leverage all necessary resources to achieve expected outcomes as it relates to quality patient care.
• Advocate for patients, communities and the healthcare team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• CIC and/or CBIC certification
• Five years’ experience in Critical Care or ED setting
• Infection Control experience
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
• Supervisory experience
• Master's degree in Nursing or Public Health
• Five years of acute care experience
• MI RN license (or eligible to obtain within two months)
• Candidates with a passion for and strong interest in Infection Control encouraged to apply
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
Please apply directly through the company link below: