|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||July 29, 2020|
TERM: 6 MONTHS
LOCATION: Detroit, Mi
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and raised over $740 million. The CDC Foundation managed over 300 CDC-led programs in the United States and in more than 130 countries last year.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a Team Lead Epidemiologist to support the CDC. This position is a part of multidisciplinary team that will assist the Detroit Health Department with their work to identify and implement best practices to Interrupt or decrease COVID-19 transmission. Also, this position will work to reduce severe illness, hospitalizations, and mortality due to COVID-19 among vulnerable and high-risk populations and to protect healthcare personnel from COVID-19 infection.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
• Supervises a team of epidemiologists and data analysts in the planning and execution of analytic research projects utilizing methodologies and measures pertinent to the assessment and summarization of the health status of specific populations.
• Direct the work of teams supporting analysis of data related to Case investigation, contact tracing and isolation & quarantine in high-risk settings and the community to reduce COVID-19 transmission.
• Potential use of testing-based strategies to protect residents in long-term care facilities and to protect healthcare workers.
• Directs the development and writing of project manuals and reports disseminates results of research projects in a wide range of venues and may present results to the scientific community at professional meetings and conferences.
• Other duties as assigned
• Master of Public Health (MPH) or Doctor of Public Health from an accredited college or university in epidemiology or a related field.
• 1 year of supervisory or management experience
• Expert knowledge of epidemiological methods in regard to data analysis, report writing, and research development.
• Demonstrated experience with multiple modes of data collection is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of the methods, principles, and processes of survey research and broad experience in the field.
• Familiarity with social science research and policy issues.
• Strong technical skills including word processing, spreadsheet development and management, and database management, with a particular emphasis on proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with particular experience reviewing and editing documents.
• Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills; collegial; energetic; and able to develop productive relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, and partners.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
Please apply directly through the company link below: