|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2020|
TRIBAL NATION TELEHEALTH PROGRAM SPECIALIST I – ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a full time Telehealth Program Specialist I to support the CDC. Under general supervision, provides the following telehealth services: project management, customer relations, training, and assessments of utilization and needs with the goal of increasing the use of telehealth products and services throughout the Alaska Tribal Health System.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
• Promote telehealth product and service awareness.
• Assist customers in the adoption of telehealth products and processes in meaningful ways.
• Support initial and ongoing use of telehealth through training, documentation tools, demonstrations, etc.
• Monitor utilization of telehealth services and products by creating, running and evaluating reports. Promote awareness of the importance of data validity and security.
• Solicit feedback on telehealth processes and systems from users.
• Assess needs of customers to assist in telehealth hardware and software selection. May participate in review, selection and user acceptance testing of hardware and software.
• Provide informational support to users and administrators related to telemedicine products and services including contact information and knowledge of clinic equipment and capabilities.
• Establish effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of personnel through displaying a professional demeanor and excellent communication skills.
• Promote an atmosphere that encourages enthusiasm and participation in telehealth use, improvements and enhancements.
• Use knowledge of systems and processes to assist others to use and/or implement telehealth services.
• Train on telehealth software, hardware and processes to meet the educational and cultural needs of adult learners at a variety of educational and skill levels.
• Create and update training tools and evaluate them for effectiveness.
• Serve as an initial point of contact for workflow and clinical level telehealth issues and resolve them within scope of authority.
• Triage customer service needs to the appropriate department/level as needed and follow up to ensure resolution/closure of need.
Telehealth Program Specialist I
• Bachelor’s Degree in a clinical, health administration or business field. Special consideration may be given for those with college level education who also have progressively responsible related work experience, education or training which may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
• One (1) year of work experience related to patient care in inpatient or outpatient settings. An equivalent combination of at least one (1) year work experience plus two (2) additional years of relevant education and/or training may be substituted.
• Experience working with the Alaska Tribal Health System, ANTHC and/or Alaska Native cultures.
• Cultural competence in working with tribal organizations preferred
• Language skills in a specific Native American language preferred
• Excellent listening/communication skills.
• Rural healthcare or similar professional patient care experience in an outpatient or inpatient setting.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Knowledge of patient care activities, patient care environments, and outpatient and/or inpatient clinical operations.
• Knowledge of healthcare related software applications.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in video teleconferencing systems.
• Skill in managing multiple priorities and tasks concurrently and meeting deadlines.
• Skill in troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
• Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Skill in data collection.
• Demonstrated skill in training adult learners.
• Skill and comfort using technology hardware, software applications and peripheral devices.
The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Must be able to lift approximately 20 pounds.
• ANMC is not a latex free facility; an employee should expect to work in an environment where latex may be present.
• May travel within Alaska in small fixed wing aircraft; may travel outside Alaska.
• May be required to work outside the traditional work schedule.
• May be called out to work off-shift in emergency situations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
Please apply directly through the company link immediately below: