|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
Radiologic Technologist/Medical Imaging - Computed Tomography (CT)
Essential Job Accountabilities:
The Computed Tomography Technologist (CT) is responsible for the production of quality Computerized Tomography scanning and provides high quality patient care. Performs ancillary duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full understanding of HIS, RIS, PACS to include ordering, monitoring workings, validation of images and completing studies.
- Ability to organize relative patient information, reports, and films (including priors) for interpretation.
- Interviews patients for history, obtains patient signature when applicable, explains exams and assists patients.
- Produces images which demonstrate a thorough knowledge of computerized tomography. Understands department protocols.
- Perform diagnostic procedures with minimal exposure to self and patients.
- Demonstrates ability to operate power injector system.
- Technologist demonstrates proper radiation safety and general practices for patient, self, and others.
- Demonstrates caring, excellence, leadership, pride, teamwork, integrity and center wide standards for service.
- Identifies all patients using two patient identifiers (name and birth date).
- Provides all aspects of patient care based on established standards. Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of patients served; the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs; knowledge of growth and development and an understanding of the range of treatment of the patients.
- Knows the general condition of the equipment at all times, knows how to operate all equipment required in the course of performing procedures. Documents failures in a timely manner.
- Recognizes normal and abnormal image findings and reports to supervisor or radiologist.
- Maintains proper stock of medical and clerical supplies.
- Assists with rotating supplies and linen.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Radiologic Technology Program in an approved school.
- ARRT Registered in Radiology, CT registered within 1 year of hire or transfer.
- Licensed as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) in the State of Florida.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS provider) certification required from American Heart Association.
- Minimum 1 year experience as CT Technologist preferred.