|Published||September 21, 2022|
|Location||Cherry Hill, New Jersey|
|Category||Nurse Management - Director of Nursing|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Please get in touch for all the information relating to this fantastic opportunity!
Extremely competitive salary range!
Negotiable Sign on Bonus
The Director of Nursing directs all day-to-day operations of the Nursing/Health Services Department and staff to ensure the delivery of quality general and psychiatric nursing care to patients in treatment of psychiatric problems including chemical dependency. Monitors the effectiveness of staff e.g., assessment, evaluation, and implementation of the standards of nursing and health service practice
Works effectively with the facility leadership team to ensure success of the facility by completing the following:
CORE JOB DUTIES:
- Defines and maintains the standards of nursing practices.
- Assesses the quality of care rendered and ensures the continuity of care for each client.
- Initiates the development of policies and procedures that govern nursing services. Ensures that nursing policies and procedures are current and reflect the ever-changing standards established by regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for staff performance, staff recruitment, staff retention and staff development for all nursing/health services department personnel.
- Collaborates with other departments and agencies regarding resources and services for improved patient care and staff development.
- Serves as a key member of the facility’s core management team and ensures effective integration or nursing services into overall operations.
- Oversees nursing staffing levels within the facility on all shifts to ensure quality patient care. Understands and incorporates a staffing grid, and flex staffing techniques.
- Collaborates with the Infection Control Nurse to incorporate infection control policies and procedures to provide a safe environment for patients and personnel (i.e. reports infections and/or communicable diseases to the appropriate public health authority, provides infection control education for all employees).
- Oversees the pharmacy and laboratory services
- Oversees the facility’s patient rights program and ensures that all patients are treated with respect and dignity.
- Ensures department’s budgetary guidelines are maintained. Monitors expenditures in areas of nursing supplies, equipment, and materials.
- Provides direct nursing services to include:
- Ability to complete appropriate documents within the required timeframe after admission to the program. Maintains medical records.
- Ability to administer medications as indicated and monitor detoxification process.
- Ability to transcribe Physician orders and implement all Medical Protocols as ordered.
- Ability to confer with and assist medical personnel, both internal and external resources.
- Ability to provide documentation which reflects services for each patient in accordance with licensure standards.
- Ability to assess the medical and psychiatric needs of the patient determine the urgency of their needs and expedite treatment as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate concerns about patient health to appropriate personnel and follows up as necessary.
- Ability to educate patients about medications, health issues and medical conditions.
- Demonstrates ability to take verbal orders from the medical provider, documents them in the patient record and carries them out accurately and professionally.
- Matching HSA -up to $1500 a year contribution from the company to your HSA.
- Teladoc access and visits at NO cost to the employee.
- Benefits begin on the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- 401K, medical, dental, vision, and generous vacation time!
- Sign-on Bonus Available
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Advanced Recovery Systems requires all employees who work in any facility or office to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in nursing field with, at minimum, 1 year in nursing supervision AND at least one year the management of additctions in a licensed substance use disorders treatment facility
- Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey, active and in good standing.
- CPR Certification.
- Previous experience in nursing management e.g., Nurse Manager or other related positions required.
- Displays advanced knowledge of treatment procedures and interventions common to substance abuse patients as well as to non-violent crisis intervention practice.
- Advanced knowledge of abnormal psychology and application of this knowledge particularly in substance abuse and eating disorder patients.
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology especially those terms associated with psychiatric care through familiarity of psycho-pharmacy and the use of psycho-tropic medications with psychiatric, substance abuse and eating disorder patients.
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology especially those terms associated with psychiatric, substance abuse and eating disorder patients