|Location||Houston (Memorial City Hospital), Texas|
|Date Posted||July 16, 2021|
Registered Nurse (RN)
Salary range $ 66,000 - $ 93,000 - experience dependent
BSN or enrolled in BSN program
If no ER RN experience, then must have strong Medical Surgical Experience or ICU RN experience
Interested in working Nights
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
ER RN experience
Sign on Bonus $10,000
Reasons to join the ER team at Memorial City:
· Great Morale, Engaged staff.
· Strong collaboration between team, family like atmosphere.
· Supportive Growth environment.
· Good interdisciplinary relationships with support partners & ER Providers.
· Best stroke door to tPA time in Houston.
· Magnet destination – Chest Pain Certified – Bariatric Center of Excellence – Truven Top 100 Hospitals!
Ask about our Day 1 Benefits:
· Sign On Bonus
· Paid Time Off
· Retirement Plan
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Student Loan Repayment
- Collaborates with the physician and healthcare team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process. provides Professional nursing care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records. MHHS hires RNs based on years of experience groupings (i.e. newly licensed RN [working under the supervision of RN clinical preceptor], less than 1 year, 1-3 years, 3 to 10 and 10+).
- clinical/direct patient care within productivity guidelines. Replacement for critical staffing position ER night RN
- Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I <1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of practice and clinical competency.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.