|Published||September 22, 2022|
|Location||Hickory, North Carolina|
|Category||Nurse - Quality|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Please get in touch for all the information relating to this fantastic opportunity!
Extremely competitive salary range!
Associates Degree Required
Current RN License to practice in NC
Basic Life Support
3-5 Years Nursing Experience required
Administers the hospital-wide employee health program for work-related injuries and illnesses. Anticipates and assesses the need for health education and training of staff and researches and recommends appropriate solutions. Maintains required employee health records, accident, and other reports, statistics, and documentation and monitors trends and makes recommendations for improvements. Performs pre-employment evaluations and assesses that employee is fit for duty/ready for employment and conduct annual evaluations. Manages hospital immunization programs, coordinates the Workers Compensation program, FLMA program and establishes policies and procedures for Employee Health. Participates on the Safety Committee and Infection Control.
- Overseer’s the pre employment physical process for comprehensive history and physical examination; identifies medical conditions and risk factors that may place the employee at increases risk of health problems associated with current job duties in accordance with ADA guidelines.
- Evaluates treats and reports employee exposures to infectious/communicable diseases per state guidelines.
- Provides annual exams and tuberculosis screenings on all employees per OSHA regulations and TJC standards.
- Performs initial injury evaluations and follow-up evaluations on all work-related injuries.
- Communicates with designated physician who serves as a resource for the Employee Health Department.
- Collaborates with employees, management, other health care providers and professionals in order to effectively meet the needs of the employee and the manager.
- Completes communicable disease reports and submits to Public Health as required by law when applicable to Employee Health issues.
- Reviews, revises and develops facility infection control/employee health policies.
- Enforces compliance of policies.
- Discusses significant findings with the employee and department manager as appropriate.
- Follows current CDC guidelines and adult immunization guidelines for employees during pre-placement screening and annually as desired.
- Collaborates with the Safety Officer and the director of Plant Operations in safety, employee health, infection control and environment of care issues.
- Monitors supply expenses.
- Submits Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illness to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) for Rutherford Regional Health System.
- Maintains OSHA log, Worker's Compensation log.
- Employee release to work if our due to FMLA, LOA, Worker's Compensation.
Employee Health Records
- Supervises the maintenance of employee health records; ensures the security, accuracy, and confidentiality of employee health records for the Hospital, Contractor’s and Volunteers.
- Organizes system for maintenance of employee health files to ensure records are updated and in compliance with federal, state, and TJC requirements.
- Audits files to ensure compliance with federal, state, OSHA, and TJC requirements.
- Furnishes confidential employee health records for audits, OSHA and other purposes.
- Maintains all OSHA records for 30 years per federal and state regulations.
- Develops and maintains database to effectively monitor and track records.
- Establishes written policies and procedures to regulate access, release, transmittal and storage of all employee health information.
- Assists in implementing and maintaining the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29 CFR Part 1910.1030).
- Implements and maintains the CDC Guidelines for Preventing the Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Health-Care Facilities.
- Provides hepatitis B vaccinations to protect health care workers from bloodborne pathogens.
- Maintains records of all work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Maintain OSHA 200 log and record all work-related injuries that result in death, lost workdays, restriction of work or movement, loss of consciousness, transfer to another job, or medical treatment other than first aid. All diagnosed work-related illnesses must also be recorded.
- Implements and maintains Drug-Free Workplace program in accordance with LifePoint, Frye and State guidelines.
- Disseminates information to employees and managers regarding the drug-free workplace program.
- Performs and supervises others who perform sample collections using standard chain of custody form for pre-placement testing and as well as other testing for cause.
- Communicates with certified laboratory and the Medical Review Officer to obtain reports, order supplies, review invoices, and verify results.
- Works with managers to assist with reasonable suspicion testing, diversion testing and random testing.
- Acts as liaison for Formal Management Referrals to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Associate's Degree required
- Bachelor's degree referred
- Current RN license issued by the State of North Carolina. BS preferred, MS preferred. Certification in infection control preferred.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
Minimum Work Experience
- 3-5 years Nursing experience required.
- 2-4 years Employee Health experience preferred.