|Date Posted||April 15, 2021|
Nursing - ICU -RN
Salary Range $ 65,000 - $ 110,000 - experience dependent
RN Texas License
BSN or if ADN, willing to obtain BSN within 3 years
At least 2 years recent critical care ICU or ER experience
2+ years of ICU, ER or ICU/ER combined experience
BSN strongly preferred
Southwest Hospital has been caring for families since 1977. A 543-bed facility, Memorial Hermann Southwest employs state-of-the-art technology and a team of highly trained affiliated physicians to offer world-class care close to home.Memorial Hermann Southwest has been serving the communities of Southwest Houston, including Bellaire, Meyerland, the Galleria area, Missouri City and beyond, since 1977.
Memorial Hermann Southwest was named among the nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. The annual study evaluates the nation's hospitals on measures of overall organizational performance in patient care, operational efficiency and financial stability.
Our Signature Programs
Memorial Hermann Heart & Vascular Intitute
At Houston's first free-standing heart hospital, physicians and patients alike benefit from technology at the leading edge and innovative cardiovascular programs.
At the Heart Valve Clinic, affiliated-physicians of the Memorial Hermann Heart & Vascular Institute-Southwest use a multidisciplinary approach to diagnose and treat heart murmurs. The Clinic is the only site in Houston outside of the Texas Medical Center approved to perform the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) for patients unable to go traditional open-heart surgery.
As one of the most advanced neuroscience centers in Houston with dozens of neurologists and neurosurgeons on staff, we provide our patients with round-the-clock access to specialists to help diagnose and treat a broad range of neurological conditions.
Level IV Trauma Center
As a Level IV state designated trauma facility and through our close relationship with Memorial Hermann Life Flight, our hospital is equipped to handle the most critical and urgent medical emergencies.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred, but open to Associates Degree.
• Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
• Certified in Basic Life Support
• Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
• RN I < 1 year
• RN II = 1-3 years
• RN III = 3-10 years
• RN IV = 10+ years
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
• Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
• Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
• Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
• Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
• Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
• Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
• Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
• Ensures safe care to patients, staffs and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, being a good steward of resources, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
• Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
• Other duties as assigned
Company Culture & Perks
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.