|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||May 4, 2020|
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Nursing licensure in the state of employment or "compact" multi state licensure.
Location: Coffee Correctional Facility - Nicholls, GA
Salary will be modified by shift differential and based on years of experience
Shift Differential - Extra $1.50 weekday nights, $1.50 weekend days, $2.50 weekend nights
(POSITION IS LOCATED IN NICHOLLS, GA)
Join a dedicated medical team!
At CoreCivic we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurses who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for the performances of basic nursing duties to include execution of physician orders, operation of pill call, operation of sick call, and assisting the physician in examinations and treatments and performs technical/clinical procedures within the scope of his/her license. Assists in the professional management of the facility medical department.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the care and treatment of inmates/residents.
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents; prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare examining room and equipment.
- Operate pill call, dispense medication and document as required by applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Control medication, syringes and other medical supplies or equipment and inventory as required by established procedures.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a certificate as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Must be licensed in the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE–M/F/Vets/Disabled.