|Location||Milan, New Mexico|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2021|
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Salary Range - $ 58,200 - $ 64,000
(Current and Active) Nursing license in the state of employment or "compact" multi state license
One year of professional nursing experience preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
A valid driver's license is required.
THIS FACILITY REQUIRES AN ICE BACKGROUND/CLEARANCE
Location: Cibola Co. Correctional Facility - Milan, NM
-Day and Night Shifts Available - shift hours will be discussed during the interview process
-HOURLY PAY RATE DEPENDS ON YEARS OF NURSING EXPERIENCE - STARTING AT $28.00 - $30.80 PER HOUR - PLUS SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL
-SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL starts at an extra $4.00 day shift, $6.00 night shift, $7.00 weekend days, $8.00 weekend nights per hour.
At CoreCivic we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurses who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the performances of basic nursing duties to include execution of physician orders, operation of pill call, operation of sick call, and assisting the physician in examinations and treatments and performs technical/clinical procedures within the scope of his/her license. Assists in the professional management of the facility medical department.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the care and treatment of inmates/residents.
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents; prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare examining room and equipment.
- Operate pill call, dispense medication and document as required by applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Control medication, syringes and other medical supplies or equipment and inventory as required by established procedures.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a certificate as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Must be licensed in the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE–M/F/Vets/Disabled.