|Date Posted||December 16, 2020|
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Salary range - $ 45,700 - $ 50,300 - experience dependent
TX RN Nursing license or "compact" multi state license.
A valid driver's license is required.
Graduate from an accredited college or university nursing program.
Applicant must be a US citizen per facility contract
Newly licensed nurses will be considered
Salary is based on years of experience and shift differential for nights and weekends - Additional $2 an hour for weekday nights and additional $4 an hour for weekend nights!
The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for the performances of basic nursing duties to include execution of physician orders, operation of pill call, operation of sick call, and assisting the physician in examinations and treatments and performs technical/clinical procedures within the scope of his/her license. Assists in the professional management of the facility medical department.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the care and treatment of inmates/residents.
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents; prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare examining room and equipment.
- Operate pill call, dispense medication and document as required by applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Control medication, syringes and other medical supplies or equipment and inventory as required by established procedures.
- Assist supervisor with evaluating the provision of all medical services to prevent the inappropriate use of duplication of those services.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE–M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Company Culture & Perks
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!