|Published||January 24, 2023|
|Category||Laboratory Technologist/Technician - Medical Technologist|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Please get in touch for all the information relating to this fantastic opportunity!
Extremely competitive salary range!
$10,000.00 sign on bonus
Minimum Education: BA/BS in Medical Laboratory Technology or related clinical field, and a graduate of a laboratory training course.
Certification through the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MT) is REQUIRED.
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – Responsible for clinical laboratory patient testing to include hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, coagulation, transfusion medicine and microbiology according to assigned performance standards.
SUPERVISOR – Technical Supervisor
SUPERVISES – Students, Trainees
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
· Performs laboratory testing ensuring that results are appropriately measured or determined and that diagnostic abnormalities are referred to pathologists when appropriate.
· Performs instrument maintenance and monitors functions according to established procedures.
· Ensures that appropriate quality control is run, and out-of range values are handled appropriately.
· Performs proficiency testing samples as part of the regular workload.
· Ensures compliance with CAP accreditation and other internal and external regulatory standards.
· Ensures that all clinical laboratory tests are performed consistently according to established written procedures and good laboratory practices.
· Ensures test results produced are clinically accurate and meaningful through following appropriate pre and post-analytical processes including test ordering, specimen collection, processing, result reporting and specimen storage.
· Performs phlebotomy, finger stick or heel stick on an as needed basis in a timely, accurate and caring manner.
· Keeps documented records to be kept current by the incumbent regarding maintenance and quality control.
· Meets lab service goals as scheduled or report problems to director.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Basic computer skills.
· Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to work quickly and accurately when under strict deadlines.
· Good communication skills; oral, written, electronic
· Ability to work independently and as member of a team.
· Comprehensive knowledge of applicable safety, quality control and specimen handling guidelines and procedures.
· Skill using laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, meters, microscopes, incubators, pipettes where applicable.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
· Considerable knowledge of theory and practice of clinical laboratory methods and instrumentation. Working knowledge of anatomy, physiology, laboratory medicine, disease process and laboratory procedures.