|Date Posted||July 6, 2021|
Nursing - ICU -RN
Salary Range - $ 65,000 - $ 110,000
COVID Shift Bonus Pay; Relocation up to $3K
RN Texas License
BSN strongly preferred
18 months of ICU experience OR 2 years of ICU experience
Recent critical care experience in job history
High acuity, sepsis patients (medical, organ failure, etc)
2+ years of ICU experience (especially needed for night shift)
Good job tenure with current and previous roles
Memorial City Medical Center is a Magnet campus with more than 1,400 affiliated medical staff physicians representing over 100 medical specialties, 1,700 employees and 444 licensed hospital beds.
Memorial City Medical Center, Medicine ICU unit information:
- Beds: 18
- Ratio: 1-2:1
- Team size: 42
- Patient Population: High acuity, sepsis patients (medical, organ failure, etc)
- Team works closely with Surgical ICU and provides opportunities to transition from MICU to Cardiovascular/Surgical ICU specialty if that is the candidates goal
- 18 months of ICU experience OR 2 years of ICU experience
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
• Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
• Certified in Basic Life Support
• Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
• RN I < 1 year
• RN II = 1-3 years
• RN III = 3-10 years
• RN IV = 10+ years
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
• Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
• Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
• Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
• Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
• Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
• Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
• Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
• Ensures safe care to patients, staffs and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, being a good steward of resources, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
• Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
• Other duties as assigned