|Date Posted||December 17, 2020|
Salary Range - $ 60,000 - $ 61,000
Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or a degree in a related clinical area.
Five (5) years of clinical experience which includes two (2) years in a comparable job position required.
Must possess a Mississippi LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor), LMFT (Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist), LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) or an LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor) license.
A valid driver's license is required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
At CoreCivic, our mental health teams make lasting changes in the lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the industry. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even more rewarding. CoreCivic is currently seeking licensed professional counselors or licensed clinical social workers who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. In some areas, these professions are also referred to as a mental health therapist, mental health counselor, or psychology associate. In our organization, these professionals are placed in the position of Mental Health Coordinator to plan and provide clinical mental health services of a non-medical nature in the facility. As mid-level managers, they may coordinate and direct activities of other personnel engaged in providing mental health services to inmates/residents.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Conducts mental health screenings and assessments based on a review of available records and clinical interviews with inmates.
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing and modifying individual treatment plans based on an evaluation of needs and level of functioning.
- Documents treatment and evaluation activities in the health care record for each person seen.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive materials and information at all times.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for individuals in caseload.
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling and crisis interventions to address the needs of inmates.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or a degree in a related clinical area.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience which includes two (2) years in a comparable job position required.
- Must possess appropriate Mississippi (LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC) licensing in the state where practice occurs.
- A valid driver's license is preferred unless required by contract or applicable statute.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE–M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Company Culture & Perks
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!