|Date Posted||May 3, 2021|
Nursing - Critical Care-RNs
An opportunity has arisen for Registered Nurses specialising in long-term and Continuing Care to work on the sub-tropical island of Bermuda.
Bermuda Health Board is looking for highly motivated and professional, experienced nurses to join their demanding but supportive environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Gives direct patient care (simple to complex)
- Performs dependent functions as indicated in the Medical plan of care
- Utilizes the nursing process and develops a nursing care plan for each assigned patient
- Acts as a patient advocate, communicating between patient, family and other members of the health team
- Initiates and participates in patient care conferences
- Utilizes clinical, hospital and community resources
- Uses equipment and supplies in a safe and economical manner
- Assigns, teaches and directs other nursing personnel as required
- Assumes in-charge duties as required
- Assumes responsibility for professional development by participating in continuing education programmes, keeping current with professional literature and participating in professional organizations
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Registered Nurse with Bachelor's Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution
- Current and full registration with Registered Body, for example, NMC
- Two years experience as a Registered Nurse
- Current certifications: CPR and I.V
- Experience in Physical assessment essential
- Demonstrated knowledge and clinical competencies
- Nursing Certification in Long Term Care preferred or a commitment to complete the courses within the first year of employment.
- Minimum of 3 years left on your passport
What we are looking for:
- Effective communication and critical thinking skills
- People who are willing to relocate for a minimum of two years
- Excellent English language skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking).
- You will be required to register with the Bermuda Nursing Council.
- Be fully flexible and be willing to work all shift patterns, including days, nights and weekends
What we can offer:
- A comprehensive recruitment process and a friendly team to help you through it.
- Up to $3000 relocation budget, although this must include paying for your occupational health checks, flights and other admin.
- Travel and temporary hospital accommodation
- Full-time work with the Bermuda Hospitals Board
- Competitive salaries