|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
Allied Health - Other
Salary range $ 119,000 - $ 178,000
License elgible as a Perfusionist in the State of Texas.
Board Certification by the American Board of Cardiovasular Perfusion
Graduate of a school of perfustion technology.
Texas Perfusionist license.
3+ years of Perfusion experience.
Education: Graduate of a school of perfusion technology
Licenses/Certifications: License eligible as a Perfusionist in the State of Texas ; Board Certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion; board eligible after one (1) year of employment
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assembles and operates heart-lung machine for cardiopulmonary bypass on infants, children and adults in a competent manner and according to the age/needs of the patient/population served; cleans and prepares various components of heart-lung machine/other equipment required for open-heart surgery, EMCO, prolonged ventricular assist, auto transfusion, and intra-aortic balloon pumping; maintains inventory of all perfusion related supplies.
- Monitors perfusion so that adequate records for medical and/or legal study will be available; maintains quality control data for the Gem Stat blood gas analyzer used for cardiovascular and liver cases; prepares lectures for students.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.