|Published||January 24, 2023|
|Category||Physician - Family Practice|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Please get in touch for all the information relating to this fantastic opportunity!
Extremely competitive salary range!
The Regional Medical Officer Responsible for the clinical operations and medical staff within a designated region.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains and develops CareMore’s comprehensive healthcare delivery system.
- Provides strategic and operational direction for the delivery of performance based medical management.
- Manages budget and risk drivers.
- Analyzes and reports business performance data to customers, senior management, and executive leaders.
- Analyzes local profit and loss performance.
- Contributes to the internal and external health industry development efforts.
- Performs clinical duties which may include managing a panel of patients, rounding on patients in the acute and post-acute settings, taking call, reviewing cases and patient discharge plans, admitting patients, partnering with case managers on patient transfers, and quality audits.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Balance of administrative and clinical responsibilities (70/30) throughout the Los Angeles County market.
- Requires an MD or DO and minimum of 5 years of experience as an Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Geriatric physician which includes a minimum of 3 years of administrative experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires current unrestricted medical licensure in applicable state(s) and board eligibility or board certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Geriatric. CA license required.
- For CareMore business units, satisfactory completion of a Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position.
- MBA or MPH
- Managed Care & Valued Base Experience
- Experience in HEDIS/STARS, MRA/RAF
- Experience in managing initiatives and projects