|Date Posted||July 16, 2021|
Nursing - Medicine/Surgery-RNs
Salary range $ 65,000 - $ 110,000
RN Texas License
Must have BSN or also will accept ADN if: *minimum 2 years ADN experience in an acute setting and *Can complete BSN within 3 years of employment
1-2+ years of strong med/surg experience; Will consider Rehab or Long-Term Care experience
BLS certification required
Looking for an innovative, diverse work culture with numerous growth opportunities? If so, come join Memorial Hermann The Rehab and Research Institute (TIRR), the top 3 Rehab facilities in the Nation and number #1 in Texas! The patient care environment blending passionate staff, exemplary care and a commitment to overall quality of life distinguishes TIRR Memorial Hermann. We are seeking a full-time, RN to join our compassionate team!
-Fast-paced environment with great support from team and leadership
-Manager open door policy and strong individual/team recognition
-Strong focus on patient satisfaction and communication
-Ideal candidate to have at least 1-2 years of acute/rehab experience or med surg experience
-BSN preferred; will consider ADN candidates with strong Med/Surg experience,
-BLS required, Med/Surg certification is a strong plus.
-Numerous growth opportunities
-Located in the TMC Hub
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelor's of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I < 1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.