|Published||January 24, 2023|
|Category||Nurse - Infection Control Practitioner-RN|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Please get in touch for all the information relating to this fantastic opportunity!
Extremely competitive salary range!
- Immunology section is a family centered medical home providing Primary and Specialty care for people living with HIV and/or affected such as exposed infants, Prevention services (PrEP), and post exposure prophylaxis (PEP) from birth through young adult. Patients with other Immunodeficiencies and outpatient Infectious disease (ID) patients are also provided Specialty care within the section.
- Record and update chief complaint, medical, allergy and medication history along with preferred lab and pharmacy in patient EMR
- Accurately takes and records vital signs including blood pressure, pulse ox, temperature, height/lengths, weights, and head circumferences. Assists with vision and hearing testing and other office procedures including POCT (point of care testing) including Rapid Influenza, Rapid Strep, Urine pregnancy, Urine chem strip, Glucose finger stick, and Rapid HIV
- Administer vaccinations, maintain storage and handling along with inventory per VFC (Vaccines for Children) program standards
- Administer therapeutic injections under provider supervision and order with proper documentation within electronic chart (ex. medication, lot number, injection site and other required information). Performs venipuncture and process specimens accurately in preparation for send out to lab vendor.
- Maintains sufficient inventory of medical supplies when needed.
- Adheres to JCAHO, OSHA and all regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures all results and clinical reports are in EMR for review
- Telephone triage within scope of practice for medical advice and health education
- Track and outreach post hospital discharge and ER visits for follow up using HSX (health information exchange) with documentation of transition of care communication/education
- Completion of health assessments, school/ camp forms
- EPSDT tracking using NaviNet for care gap reports and high risk patients in accordance with MCO criteria and population health stratification for engagement in medical care with care management team and plan
- Order/route refills of appropriate maintenance medications; assist with Prior authorization of medically necessary medication, regimens or therapeutics
- Knowledge and ability to follow guidelines per Bright Future recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to handle multiple projects. Demonstrates ability to listen effectively and communicate both written and verbally. Ability to work independently and also within interdisciplinary team setting with the focus on providing a culturally competent and trauma informed patient center medical home. Able to make sound, reasonable judgments using analytical and problem-solving approaches. Demonstrates knowledge of patient/ family outcome management. Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- CPR BLS CERTIFICATION
- PA REGISTERED NURSE LICENSE
-5 years of Pediatric experience
Schedule: Mon - Fri 8:30a - 5p
Note: Job is a union position - Union PASNAP. Compensation is based on years of experience.