|Date Posted||March 2, 2021|
Registered Nurse (RN)
Salary $103,000 - $155,000 - experience dependent
Must be a Registered Nurse
Cath Lab management experience
Min 5 years progressive Management
Experienced Cath procedures
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years of healthcare experience working in a clinical setting and five (5) years of management experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of staff
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Monitors and directs patient care activities ensuring the highest quality care is delivered.
- Directs clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- Reviews and approves new hires, establishes controls and standards for performance appraisals.
- Identifies staffing needs of the department and provides for accordingly.
- Remains available, accessible and visible to staff.
- Recognizes staff’s achievements and accomplishments and provides ongoing feedback on performance.
- Establishes scope of service, goals and develops department strategic plan for; stays up-to-date on new developments in the field and incorporates such in the scope of services; reviews departmental policies, procedures, and systems; complies with all applicable regulatory requirements and standards; conducts appropriate department promotional activities and participates in hospital marketing activities.
- Assures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE’s meet or exceed budget; prepares and submits budget and related reports.
- Forecasts and accurately projects expenses.
- Takes corrective action to address negative variances.
- Identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
- Runs projects for the CEO/COO; handles analysis on budgetary issues.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
MHHS culture & behaviors:
- Transparency in communication
- Town Halls every other week led by CEO + C-Suite
- Daily MH Communication emails including operational updates + benefits + culture showcase/kudos
- MHNOW – internal communication platform that every employee has access to comment on and upload stories/comments/pictures, etc.
- Creating healthy communities (internal + external)
- Wellness initiatives for employees:
- Wellness team (MH employed), available to all departments/areas
- Headspace accounts (free)
- Childcare assistance
- Mental Health day
- Employee assistance fund (PIC)
- MH Community Benefit organization
- School clinics, dental van, wellness programs/food donations in communities
- THRIVE program – partnership with community organizations to provide job training bridge to FT career
- Culture of collaboration, community, caring, like a family
- Proof points:
- Partners in Caring
- Employee organization providing support & encouragement
- Managing employee fund
- You Got Caught Caring program
- Hometown Healing: employee volunteerism across the community
- Our own examples either from within our department or in the areas we support J
More COVID specific proof points:
- Cost savings to avoid wide-spread layoffs: leader pay cuts
- Expanding Employee Health team to assist employees with COVID and other health related questions
- Free antibody test for employees
- Ensuring ample PPE supply for employees
- +Wellness initiatives
- Public education about COVID + resource centers & community-specific outreach