|Published||November 22, 2022|
|Category||Nurse - Emergency|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Please get in touch for all the information relating to this fantastic opportunity!
Extremely competitive salary range!
$10,000 Sign on Bonus
Virginia RN License
Basic Life Support (BLS)-Required
Handle with Care Certification within 6 months
An ER Nurse, or Emergency Nurse, is in charge of providing healthcare to patients who urgently need treatment so that they can stabilize their vital signs and limit pain and discomfort. Their duties include identifying the needs of a patient, filling out charts and intake paper and collecting information and samples so they can run tests.
ER Nurse duties and responsibilities
An ER Nurse’s duties and responsibilities are focused on giving timely care to their patients. In a fast-paced environment, ER Nurses have the responsibilities of:
- Triage incoming patients based on level of injury or illness
- Immediately stabilize incoming patients
- Administer medication as instructed by physicians
- Start intravenous lines, and set broken bones
- Perform tracheotomies and intubations
- Give patients stitches and sutures
- Create and maintain incoming patient records
- Work with team of emergency staff to help patients
- Help transfer stable patients to other wings