|Date Posted||April 29, 2021|
Nursing - Critical Care-RNs
Salary range $ 65,000 - $ 110,000 - experience dependent
COVID Shift Bonus Pay; Relocation up to $10K; Sign On Bonus up to $12K; Internal Referral Bonus $10K
RN Texas License
BSN or if ADN, willing to obtain BSN within 3 years
Recent Critical Care experience/work history
1 - 2 years of acute care experience (recent)
Experience working on a designated Stroke unit or with stroke patients
1.5+ years of ICU experience
NIHSS Certified (not required but nice-to-have)
**Level 1 Trauma Center**
**Comprehensive Stroke Center**
**Sign On Bonus $10-$12K**
First Network of Accredited Stroke Centers
We were the first network of accredited Stroke Centers in the region and among fewer than 30 in Texas. Our network of Memorial Hermann Stroke Centers also enables Memorial Hermann ER's to receive stroke patients transferred via ground or Life Flight air ambulance from hospitals lacking the capability or capacity to provide urgent treatment.
Memorial Hermann-TMC is also the region's leading on-site, 24/7 dedicated stroke team offering patients comprehensive treatment around the clock.
The Stroke Center's Scope of Expertise
- Cerebral thrombosis
- Cerebral embolism
- Intracerebral hemorrhage
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Cerebrovascular surgery
- Transient ischemic attack
- Carotid and vertebral artery stenosis
- Cardiac causes of stroke
- Genetically-based stroke disease
- Immunological causes of stroke
- Coagulation (blood clotting) disorders
- Stroke in young patients
- Vascular dementia
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
• Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
• Certified in Basic Life Support
• Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
• RN I < 1 year
• RN II = 1-3 years
• RN III = 3-10 years
• RN IV = 10+ years
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
• Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
• Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
• Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
• Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
• Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
• Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
• Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
• Ensures safe care to patients, staffs and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, being a good steward of resources, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
• Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
• Other duties as assigned